Thursday 10 October 2019

September Morning Pt 4 - Insects and Dancing Little Egret

Leaving Church Lock, I made my way to a nearby abandoned sand pit, where I spotted a blue butterfly (Common Blue?) resting on a teasel, with a spider hiding in between the spines.  If it was after the butterfly it did not get it as the blue flew off a few seconds after this photo was taken.
 
It took me five minutes to locate this Common Green Grasshopper as it fell silent as I approached.
 
One of the most difficult birds to photograph is the Little Egret in bright sunlight, the white of its burning out in the sun.
I was lucky to watch and photograph this Little Egret as it ran around the shallow water chasing small fry wings held aloft....
 
….passing a Mute Swan....
 
….and striking for a fish....
 ….and chasing the fry.
A small selection of photos I took in over an hour whilst I watched this spectacle.

No comments:

Post a Comment