Tuesday 9 July 2019

Bedfordshire Green Woodpecker Feeding Juvenile

I have seen and photographed Green Woodpeckers before, but never have I been lucky enough to see an adult, in this case the female, feed a recently fledged juvenile.  On a walk locally, and already alerted by the calls of the youngster which I could not locate, it eventually flew over me and landed high up in a tree close to me.  And it was visible through a gap in the heavy foliage.  After a few minutes taking photos as it kept moved its position, including disappearing behind leaves, an adult arrived and fed it for a couple of minutes, before flying off, giving me relatively clear views of this spectacle. Into the sun, so the colours are not very vibrant, but you can't have everything!
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment