Monday 21 March 2016

Soap Films

Takes me back to the days of my youth when at Rock Concerts (and local bands at the local hall) light shows of inks soap and oil mixtures were projected onto the stage.
 
Recently I came across photographs of soap films that were far stronger and varied than the old light shows.  I thought I would give it a try, and these are my second attempt. A bit of trial and error and difficulty of finding depth of field as to get the colours to appear on the flat soap film, the camera has to be at a slight angle to the perpendicular from the soap film, not helped by the natural movement of the film that can be quite fast.  So slow shutter speeds are out, meaning that the aperture on the lens is quite open.  Lack of depth of field can be seen in most of these cropped shots.
 
Still I am quite pleased.  A bit different to my usual subjects.

 
A bubble that stayed as the film dies....


 
....finishing with a bird-like shape!
 
More to come when I have time to set it up again and they are good enough to publish.

No comments:

Post a Comment